McCain/Palin Talk

So...I watched Palin speak last night in Minnesota.  She seemed a little overly confident poking at Obama the way she did.  And then, I know she was in Minnesota and she's from Alaska, but she talked about herself being a hockey mom.  How many American children really play hockey though?  I've been trying to look up her views on specific topics, and I'm pretty impressed when I read them.  But I just don't know how much I enjoyed her speaking.  She's a good speaker, but I just don't know about her yet.

Tell me what you all think, PLEASE!  (Help me out here)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
2011 said…
what are you unsure of exactly?

i wouldn't want a wishy washy vp, confidence is good. she has an excellent track record. but research and come to your own conclusion. i am really impressed with her.


oh, and the hockey thing...i think you'd be surprised at how many schools have ice hockey teams and community teams. around here it's not unusual for kids to go to 3 week hockey camps up in the northern part of the us. it's not an illinois thing, but the us is pretty big :o)
Rob said…
I definitely think confidence is good, but I hate how it seems as though politicians (all, not any specific one) want to bash on their opponents and talk up how amazing their partners views are.

They make up whatever they want to say about their opposition. It doesn't have to be true as long as it is somewhat subjective.

It's just so annoying and frustrating. I feel like they act like used car salesmen and they'll do anything to get me to buy from them. I would be more impressed with candidates if they just said, here's what I stand for, and I hope you vote for me because I am going to be straight forward with you even when you probably don't want to hear it.
2011 said…
i totally understand! while i love politics, politicians drive me crazy.

telling the truth...now THAT is scandalous! ha ha ha
lindsey said…
Special K for president...yup
2011 said…
so i've been thinking more...and ya know..one thing about Palin bothers me...

i just wonder how she can balance being a mom to 5 kids..one with special needs...and politics, knowing that she will be traveling a LOT, and working a gazillion hours. her hubby must be a champion stay at home dad!
Rob said…
That is very true! I can't imagine raising a special needs child with any kind of job, especially Vice Pres. That would just be craziness.
lindsey said…
When are you gonna come visit again?? (written implying a big-time whiney voice)
Rob said…
I don't know right now. I don't get a lot of time off now that I'm working full-time. I will really try to make it down sometime soon, but I don't know when I will get a chance. When I do come down, it will probably be like a Friday Saturday thing b/c I usually get Friday's and Saturday's off work. But like this week and next week, my saturday is packed with church stuff anyway. I'm sorry!!! But I will definitely try to make it back down asap!
lindsey said…
Okay. I heard you got to see Sam the other day...cool. FIY we've been doing this thing where some people meet at my house on Saturday evenings to eat pizza, play games, and such. You should try and make it to one of those. :)
Marc said…
rob!!! I miss you man. when are you going to come visit us. I heard that you are really close to where sam lives. that is cool. O yea I see what you are saying. She is a good speaker but she throws a lot of punches. I like her though.