End of the School Year

Schools almost over and I know that I need to get a lot of stuff done within the next 2 weeks if I am going to be graduating, but I still am not real motivated to do it to the best of my ability. In a couple of my independent study courses, it just feels like I'm doing busy work. Then, my last assignment for Lewis & Tolkien is another big project, which I really don't have time to do well because it alone could take the next two weeks. But on top of that, I still need to read five books and write a 12 page paper on fasting for my Christian Spirituality class; however, I'm actually looking forward to that one. I really just wish that teachers wouldn't give us assignments that they make due at the end of the school year. I know it's my own fault for waiting to work on them until now, but when things are due during the semester, it's a lot easier to prioritize according to due dates. Now I just have to get it all done and try to figure out which ones I really want to do well on.
On a positive note, I heard an awesome sermon last night from a guy named Trevor who lives in Dallas, TX. He came up to preach at Focus, and it was so good. After going to Miami and working with so many homeless people during Week of E, his sermon hit me and made me really think about what I'm going to do with my life. I'm not sure how long I'll be working in the church. I know God will help me out, opening some doors for me, but now I feel like the one I would pick isn't going to necessarily be in the church. I want to make a difference with my life, and I have developed this heart for the poor that has to be developed and used. I want to show them the love of Christ. I want to show them that they are not untouchable people and that God loves them just as much as any other person we see. I know the Church falls short of Christ's example in terms of "touching the leper" as Christ did in Matthew 8 and this is the kind of ministering that I really want to do.

Comments

soebeck said…
I went to school with Trevor, he is a good guy. Very cool what he's doing. How are you doing man? Good to see you in passing last weekend.
Anonymous said…
okay...now THAT makes sense mr. ketcherside! being your 2nd mom, i KNEW something wasn't quite right...that you were wrestling with something. just remember NOT to settle. God is HUGE and he has HUGE plans for you! hmmm....you know..last i knew atlanta had a high percentage of homeless people. hmmm...need i say more?
Anonymous said…
sorry about that ...i accidentally DIDN"T sign in as me...sharla, the 2nd mom....i am NOT darin...who is NOT old enough to be your 2nd dad. ha ha. sorry :o)
Rob said…
soebs - I'm really glad I got to see you too. I miss getting to hang out with you and Darin. Last semester really was a time in my life that I won't forget. I loved being in Newburgh with you guys.

2nd mom - ya, I have definitely thought about the fact that Atlanta's a warm community and I would love it. We'll see what happens in the future. I really want to leave things up to God in the future.
2011 said…
Robbie, the fact that you are willing to do whatever God wants is a sign of incredible maturity. Being willing to step outside the "norm" and actually risking to do what you feel called to...it's huge..it's scary...but it's exactly right...whatever that may be. Ya know Robbie, it doesn't matter where you end up (location wise) we'll ALWAYS be in touch. It wouldn't be normal otherwise! We'll definitely be praying for wisdom, courage, and clear direction! We love you...don't forget it! Best of luck in finishing out your homework! Love ya!
Rob said…
Thanks so much for all your support, but, yes, definitely we will always be in touch. I have to come and see you all where ever you are or I am.
scott said…
If you DO end up working in "the church," I truly hope you can find ways to transform it into something that does have a bigger heart for the poor and the things that are on your heart. Nothing wrong with changing things from the inside...