Kevin, the former Youth Minister, and Steve, the other Associate that also does the Children's Ministry, are gone for a little while. Kevin took a mission team from the church to Haiti and Steve's visiting some family in Alaska. So, when Steve first left, I had the chance to be the man in charge of Children's worship and the teaching time. It was a lot of fun, but it's hard to fill in for Steve. He does a really good job with the elementary kids. Then, this past Sunday, the mission team left right before our Sunday School hour. So, I was in charge of Sunday School and the Teen Service for the first time. It went pretty well too. I have already been teaching the Sunday School class, but the Teen Service was new for me. I really want to incorporate a lot more into it than what we're doing right now though.
I remember Wednesday nights in Newburgh with the High School students and that's really my goal right now. I want to get students involved with the music, and I want their input on ideas they have for the service. I don't think it is a good thing right now that they come to what is supposed to be a worship service, and they sit the majority of the time listening to a sermon and the only music that is included in the service is a song that is played from a CD during the time that they take communion. So, that's definitely one thing that I am looking to improve on.
Comments