It's been so long

I really haven't had any idea what to blog about lately.  But, as I read a few other blogs and get some ideas from the high school students here in Cayuga, I think I've got something that really hit me.  It seems as though students that I have been in contact with are one of two extremes.  Either students want to live their life as much for God as possible, just going all out for Him, or students want nothing to do with anything about God or Church, and they don't want anyone to try to talk to them about it because it's no one's business except their own.  
For the Sr. High students here at Cayuga who are serious about living their life for the Lord, they have asked me some pretty deep and tough questions.  I am excited about their desire to learn and grow deeper in their faith in God, but why is it that these few students are so eager to grow and go deeper when others just want absolutely nothing to do with it?

Comments

Marc said…
That's a pretty tough question to answer. I think it could be one of a lot of reasons. I know that with a lot of non christians I know they chose to live their life the way they do because they are sick of the hypocrites in the church. One girl specifically, goes to a catholic school. Day in and day out she learns more of the bible (if she doesn't know it already) and she hates it. I have talked to her about it in the past and just the general idea I get of her opinion with christians is that they don't walk their talk and they definitely don't talk their walk if that makes any sense. But who are we to point fingers. We are all just humans who are bound to slip up sometime or another. I don't think that we should focus on the fact that there are people out there who don't have any desire to live for Christ but rather ask ourselves how can we reach these people? What can I do to make a positive impact on these peoples lives? You know?
lindsey said…
Okay so this probably doesn't really answer your question, but it's just something I've been thinking about as Christmas gets closer. Why do we torture kids with Santa Claus? The preteen years are usually the ones where most kids discover "the truth" about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. This happens to be around the same time that many kids are first being confronted with faith issues and start questioning what they believe. Now, here you go, parents have trained their kids not to believe in God. They taught them to believe in all those imaginary things, then told them they were impossible. Same thing. They say you can't see Santa, he's not real, but God even though you can't see him, is real. Now, if you're eleven, how much sense does that make? Not much. See Satan's mastery here?? Sorry, I probably should have just written about this on my own blog, but there it is. I don't think teh Santa thing is the real reason a lot of teens refuse to believe, but after finding out the truth, it's a lot easier to dismiss God. Any other kind of "magic" has been revealed as false in their lives. There you go.
Rob said…
Lindsey...I really like your comment. I never really put those two things together, but it definitely makes sense. Why would we lie to our kids about imaginary things for so long and then all of a sudden ask them to forget about that. And then, "Oh ya, but God is still really there." That doesn't make sense at all.
Marc said…
You have my name on your link list twice. One in which is sarahs blog.