On my own

I mowed the grass at my house Saturday. It was a nice feeling to know that the yard was mine, the lawn mower I was sitting on was mine, and the repairs I was going to be working on later were mine. Then, two hours later, I started on something else.
The yard's kind of big, but it's going to be a really nice place to relax and have friends over to grill out. I can't wait to be able to invite the small group over for a night. It's nice going to everybody else's house, but it'll be nice when I don't have to drive to get to small group every time.
If I could, I'd like to ask for some prayer from whoever reads this thing. Our small group has spent a lot of time getting to know each other over the past year that I've been involved with it, but I really feel like we need to remember that the group shouldn't only be centered around our relationships as friends but our relationship with the Lord. I would like to have some type of discussion at our meetings; whether it be accountability, Bible Study, or something else it really doesn't matter to me. It could even change sometimes. But I really feel like we're missing the part where we strengthen each other spiritually.
Don't get me wrong, like I said, we do a great job of getting to know one another and having a good time enjoying each other's company, but I really want to grow deeper and be challenged, like I was in Newburgh at Starbuck's. I really miss the way we discussed Church, ideals, and life as a Christ follower.

Comments