As
many of you already know, I love bowling.
I started bowling as a kid because it was fun. It was something to do. Then it became something that Megan and I
could do together. It was a fun time we
could always look forward to. However,
as I have matured as a bowler, I have slowly begun to take it more
seriously. I get there early, get out my
bowling ball and get ready to give it my best.
In
comparison to when I first started bowling, it’s incredible how much bowling
has changed for me, not necessarily because the game is all that different, but
because I am different. I used to play
only because of the social interaction and friendships that I was able to make
through our bowling league.
But
now things have changed so much. It’s no
longer just about the social interaction.
It’s no longer just about having a good time. I want to learn more about bowling, and I
want to become a better bowler every week that I’m there.
Now,
I don’t know how obvious this is, but I wrote this article not only with bowling
in mind. I wrote this article as if I
were talking about my life as a follower of Christ as well. If you would, go back through the article and
see if your story is similar. Why did
you first start coming to church or following Christ? Have you seen maturity in your walk with the
Lord? Are you striving to learn more
about God and becoming a true Follower of Him?
I
hope your story as a Christ Follower is one that is growing and maturing daily. If it is not, think about how important God
is to you and whether or not you’re giving Him your all.
Comments