I'm sitting at Carmack while our car gets worked on and I've really been thinking quite a bit lately about some things that I should write about. One, why is appearance such a big deal in America? I've got the U of I athletic posters on the wall across from me, I see their uniforms and football helmets. I really like the new unis, but it's like everyone now is trying to keep up with Orgeon and their ever changing uniforms. And I'm not faulting the universities for updating their unis. They need to continue to look fresh and new because that gives athletes another reason to choose their school. But that gets back to my originial question. Why do we, the nation as a whole, have such an emphasis on our appearance? I fall into it too. I just wish it were different.
Check out this video on YouTube and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Check out this video on YouTube and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Comments