I love the Church, but I really feel like we're stuck right now. We want to focus on certain issues, and we stand on those issues pointing fingers at people all the while forgetting about the holistic approach that needs to be taken by Christians.
I know there are certain issues that are predominant in today's society, but how do we allow ourselves to focus so much on a select number of issues (which usually are the issues that bother people personally), yet we don't hold ourselves accountable on the other things.
The main thing with Christianity is that we can do nothing to save ourselves. ONLY because
of the death of Jesus Christ do we even have a chance at being seen as holy and blameless in the eyes of God. We need to love Jesus; thus, we need to love others. Stop pointing fingers and start making a difference.
I know there are certain issues that are predominant in today's society, but how do we allow ourselves to focus so much on a select number of issues (which usually are the issues that bother people personally), yet we don't hold ourselves accountable on the other things.
The main thing with Christianity is that we can do nothing to save ourselves. ONLY because
of the death of Jesus Christ do we even have a chance at being seen as holy and blameless in the eyes of God. We need to love Jesus; thus, we need to love others. Stop pointing fingers and start making a difference.
Comments